If you live in the Nashville area, we're currently looking to fill several positions. Come work with us! All positions available are full time with benefits!
Please note, we do not offer remote positions. Please do not DM us on socials about job opportunities.
Store Associate Job Description
As a Store Associate at A Shop of Things you are acting as the face and first impression of the company. Associates are responsible for driving sales through engagement of customers, sharing product knowledge, and suggestive selling. Maintaining a high level of customer service, and a positive attitude is key for this role.
- Greeting and engaging with all customers
- Restocking the sales floor
- Merchandising product
- Stock counting
- Maintaining organization and cleanliness of the sales floor and stockroom
- Processing incoming shipments
- Ringing out clients at the POS
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of products, pricing, and promotions
- Loss Prevention: Monitor and escalate loss prevention matters accordingly.
- Time Management: Able to prioritize tasks to meet goals efficiently.
- Problem Solving Skills: Capacity to identify and resolve problems independently.
- Excellent Communication: Strong written and verbal skills to interact with team members and customers.
- Teamwork: Ability to contribute and work well with others to accomplish goals.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in basic computer operations, including point of sale.
- Reliable transportation: Access to reliable transportation for commuting to work.
Work Perks and Benefits!
- 25%-40% employee discount
- Paid holidays: July 4th, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day, New Years Day
- 5 days PTO per year, 10 days of PTO after 1 year of employment
- Monthly Health Insurance stipend
- IRA with a 3% match after 6 months of employment
Order Fulfillment Manager
A Shop of Things Order Fulfillment Manager is responsible for ensuring efficient and accurate shipment of all Direct to Customer orders. This role requires attention to detail, time management, organization, adaptivity, and fine tuned problem solving skills.
- Manage all orders in the Shipstation queue
- Assign, print, allocate Direct to Customer orders
- Ensure all orders are fulfilled accurately using barcode scanning system
- Ensure all orders are shipped out within necessary timeframe
- Maintain regular communication with management and customer service, providing daily updates on order fulfillment status
- Partner with CX to correct any fulfillment issues
- Maintain Order Fulfillment Spreadsheets
- Assist with carrier runs
- Partner with Warehouse Manager to ensure all shipping supplies remain in stock
- Responsible for training team members on Order Fulfillment
Cross-trained Duties Include:
- Assist with shipment receiving, processing, and production
- Assist with inventory restocks and inventory audits
- Assist with large-scale wholesale orders from major vendors as required
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse environment
- Utilize time management skills to optimize productivity and complete tasks effectively
- Work with minimal supervision, demonstrating self-motivation and accountability
- Display enthusiasm for learning about the inventory carried by the company
- Time management: Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines efficiently.
- Excellent communication: Strong verbal and written skills to interact effectively with team members and external parties.
- Problem-solving skills: Capacity to identify and resolve issues quickly and independently.
- Positive attitude: A proactive and optimistic approach to work, promoting a supportive and collaborative atmosphere.
- Physical stamina: Comfortable working on your feet in a warehouse for up to 8 hours per day.
- Physical capability: Ability to lift up to 40 pounds safely.
- Computer skills: Proficiency in basic computer operations, including order tracking and inventory management systems.
- Reliable transportation: Access to reliable transportation for commuting to work
- Adaptability: Thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle unexpected challenges with composure.
- Background check: Must pass a background check to meet company standards.
If this is you please send an email to email@example.com. Please include your resume, references, pay requirements and a bit about yourself!
My tracking has stopped updating!
Sometimes USPS misses a scan which results in inaccurate tracking information and delays. The good news is packages do usually arrive!
If the tracking hasn't updated for a week please email us.
If you did not purchase shipping insurance please reach out to USPS directly.
I need to update my address!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the correct address ASAP! We'll do our best to make any changes before your order ships.
If your order has already shipped we are not responsible for tracking or refunding any packages sent to the wrong address.
Please be careful and double/triple check your shipping address at checkout!
My package was returned to sender!
Please email email@example.com with your order number and the correct shipping address!
Once your package arrives back at our warehouse we can either reship it or refund your order minus the cost of shipping and a 15% restocking fee.
We cannot reship or refund orders until they arrive back.
If the package was returned due to an error in the address the customer is responsible for the cost of shipping it again.
If the original address was correct we will cover the cost of reshipping to a different address.
You have 30 days to re-claim your order from the date it was returned!
My order was marked as delivered but isn't here!
Occasionally packages get marked as delivered and end up arriving days later. Be sure to check your porch, neighbors, apartment offices, etc.
If a few days have passed reach out to your local post office. Don't call the 1-800 number, you'll be on hold for hours! Google "post office" in your zip code and call their direct number. You can also speak with your mail carrier or leave a note.
Can you give me more detailed tracking info?
We have the exact same tracking information you do!
If your package is lost or delayed your best option is to reach out to your local post office.
My item arrived damaged/broken!
Oh no! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo and description of the issue. If you received a broken item please hang on to all packaging until we can process a replacement!
Please keep in mind much of our inventory is handmade and may contain slight variations in color, finish or shape. Please be forgiving, this is the charm of handmade items!
If your item has a small manufacturing flaw that does not affect the design or the function it is not eligible for a replacement.
All inventory goes through a quality inspection before shipping so rest assured that this is an unlikely situation. If anything was damaged during shipping please reach out to me!
I was charged multiple times!
This probably happened because your card was declined one or more times – what you're seeing on your account page are holds from each time the payment gateway tried to "ping" your account.
(It's like when you swipe a debit card to pumpgas– they'll place a temporary hold first to make sure there are funds in the account)The good news is these aren't actual charges so they just drop off of your account automatically, usually after a day or so.
If no order/payment went through we have nothing to cancel or refund!
Returns and Exchanges
What if I want to cancel my order?
Once an order is shipped it cannot be cancelled or refunded. Send us an email ASAP and we'll do our best, but can't guarantee an order can be cancelled once it's placed.
Please be sure you want to make a purchase before clicking submit!
If we are able to cancel your order it is subject to a 15% fee to cover the cost of processing the transaction both ways. We are a small business and this is the best we can do!
What's the return/exchange policy?
All sales are final once an order has been processed and shipped. We're a small business and that's all we can manage at this time.
If you have an issue with your order feel free to email email@example.com.
If there are any problems with your order you have 30 days from the day the package is marked as "delivered" to contact us so we can make it right :)
Does your apparel fit true to size?
Yup! Please check out the last photo in any apparel listing for a size chart.
How will my order be shipped?
All orders ship via USPS First-Class or Priority Mail and include tracking!
We do not offer expedited shipping at this time.
When will my order ship?
All orders ship between 2-7 business days, unless your item is handmade or there is a disclaimer during checkout.
You'll receive a separate email with tracking once your order has shipped. If you don't see it after a few days check your *sPaM fOlDeR*!
How long will it take my order to arrive?
Orders are typically in transit for 1-3 business days, however with current delays at the post office some packages take much longer, so please be prepared for this. We do not guarantee any shipping times.
Please note transit time does not include the time it takes to prepare and ship your order from our warehouse!
Does A Shop of Things ship internationally?
Yes, we do!
Please keep in mind there are still major international shipping delays due to COVID, sometimes over 6 weeks!
International orders are shipped via USPS and are typically handed off to your local postal service for final delivery. Once the package leaves the United States the tracking stop updating or may be marked as "delivered."Once an international order has left our warehouse we are unable to make any changes andare no longer responsible for your package.You may be required to pay customs fees to receive your package – these are completely out of our control and are the responsibility of the buyer.
We ask that you consider the following before placing an international order:
We absolutely CANNOTship lighters or matches outside of the US. Any international orders placed with either will be cancelled and refundedminus a 15% transaction fee.Please double and triple check your shipping address before placing your order. We cannot make any changes once your order is shipped, and international orders arenot eligible for refund/replacement if lost.
Do you offer local pickup?
Yes! Orders can typically be picked up the next day from our warehouse in Madison, Tennessee or at our brick-and-mortar located in East Nashville, Tennessee!
The address for our Madison, TN warehouse is:
1249 Northgate Business Pkwy
Madison, TN 37115
The address for our East Nashville, TN brick-and-mortar is:
3239 Gallatin Pike
Nashville TN 37216
Send us an email once your order has been placed, and we will refund the shipping and give you pick up instructions.
What is Burning Love?
Can I use my gift card from Burning Love on A Shop of Things?
Not at this time, they are two separate shops!
Can I combine my order with my order from Burning Love?
If we receive your email before your order ships out we absolutely can!
Please send us an email once you place both orders.
Get in Touch
Where can I find out more about A Shop of Things?
I still have a question! How can I contact you?
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org :)
We will respond ASAP, usually within 1-3 business days. If you don't hear back after 3 business days check your spam folder. We are a small business so please be patient with us!
Please do not reach out via Instagram DM or comments!
Do you offer wholesale?
Hell yes! Send an email to email@example.com